Sunday, March 16, 2014

Journey into Rural Singapore - Looking for acclimatized rose

Looks idyllic, isn't it? If you ignore the cranes behind me, moving the loads of fertilizer. Bobo and I were at a "ulu" nursery looking for an acclimatized rose (waste of time, owner wasn't around and I bought it at World Farm in the end).  Still, rural Kranji/Lim Chu Kang (depending on which way you drive in) farm area is a place you must check out, it is the last bit of peace in hectic Singapore.
Slaughtered veggies drowned in salt solution
During our wasted trip, we popped by Bollywood veggies. The food isn't great, pretty salty (which is pretty horrifying when I read the sign that said reduced salt in dishes), but there aren't many choices where we were. Still I appreciated the idea of a quiet, functioning farm that has restaurant facilities, especially since a farm is what I would like to have when I retire (the irony that I deliberately bought a flat in a very noisy but accessible area is not lost on me). 

I ran my fingers through the Southenwood (some say dill) until Bobo pointed out the bug in it...
As I was telling the Misses Bears, one of whom wanted to have a orchard in Australia, I wished that one day I could retire and operate a farm in Germany, preferably Schwangau. But the likelihood is almost zilch, I think I would like to operate a farm in Taiwan. At the very least maybe Singapore...

I would have a farmhouse where people could stay and decorate it like Amazing Spaces. Then have farm tours and a cafe on-site so that visitors can pop by and appreciate nature. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!