Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013 Blooms

My Chrysanthemums are going on a protest by refusing to bloom. I suspect that they are suffering from blight. My principal crops are grapes and tomatoes ( I have a few fledgling plants), especially the former after I did "mulching" with egg shells. Shielding the soil from the crazy ass sun has helped encourage the growth of baby grape leaves. I am very hopeful that they will do better and climb up the ladder of success.

In the meantime, here are the rest of my flowers. I realize that all my flowers are really tiny, especially the cuphea. Hardly the sea of color I was going for, though my Anagallis has subsequently given me 7 blue flowers one morning (but I am too lazy to take a photo because it will require me to transfer the SD card in and out of the camera. zzz)

As for my other portulaca variety (the one that is edible- I realized that after seeing beak-shaped damage on the leaves, I had thought the birds were going for the aphids), I have taken to transplanting some in the kitchen balcony, in my office and among the aloe veras in the L-shape. I dare those birds to get at the portulaca among the poky veras!
Cuphea



Portulaca - can you see my neighbors' clothes hanging in the backdrop? :D
Anagillis, Lantana and Turnera Ulmifolia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!