Friday, May 3, 2013

Limes

I think the limes are getting a bit heavy, with the strong winds blowing through the corridor, the crazy shaking of the branches are causing the leaves to drop. On top of that there was the stupid birds that like to steal the leaves for their nests. That's why I have to secure the plants with double layer netting. The first netting had holes too big so the birds still tore bits out of the leaves with their beaks. So I had to apply a smaller netting.

 <u>Updated!!!</u>
I harvested 3 times this week (I harvested a few more several weeks ago). So far only 1 baby lime is still growing, which is quite disappointing. Well, at least this means that the plant is still healthy.  Bobo advises me to grow the seeds from this crop and grow new lime plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!