Friday, June 13, 2014

Recent Rose Obsession

Like I mentioned before, I am into cultivating roses now. My three roses (one peach, one orangey red and one purpley red) at Arbeit are doing fantastic, and had recovered from that 4 day long weekend that nearly did in the orangey red rose. I had asked Mr Bear then to take a firm hand and trim my dying orangey red, only to have him snip off a new side shoot that was doing ok.

So regretfully, I threw it in some water and now I have a little baby that is growing roots! Hopefully in a month's time, it will be ready to be transplanted and brought home. My idea was to keep some pots of roses which I deem as the master in the lovely air-conditioned environment with loads of SW sunlight. I will use the master to cultivate little stem cuttings which I will bring home to survive in my L-shaped garden. 

I also have two roses in the L-shaped. One is a mini yellow rose, which has not been stolen yet, and a huge white rose bush (which is dying because of the soil and insufficient sunlight. So I have just transplanted it into burnt soil). I am toying with the idea of cutting a branch and bringing it to Arbeit to become a new master and as a precaution against thieves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!