Saturday, February 2, 2013

Growing Veggies from Scraps

You are looking at Day 6 for the spring onions and Day 2 for the leeks. I got this tip from a redditor (you can find the link from nibblezware main blog's Feb 2013 magazine). I am quite excited by the idea of the spring onions because I had a horrible time last Sunday trying to make kimchi on the hottest day of January (stupid idea in itself already). I had to walk 3 supermarkets to find them and the auntie thought I was a nutcase because I was so excited to find them (3rd supermarket after all). 

Now I will never be held ransom by a spring onion again!

[Updated!!!]
I am a bit turned off by the leeks. They have a horrible smell (natural, not rotting) and it keeps attracting little flies. I am just going to see the growth through another week, and see what happens. Maybe I will chuck it out after one week, because I don't think I will eat them and the flies are a massive annoyance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!