Thursday, February 7, 2013

two balls on a stick

The L shape garden started when we moved to the apartment. You see, when Mutter took over the garden that she rents with her friends from the previous renter, there were loads of aloe veras grown there. Mutter und gang threw out most of them and replanted the rest in pots, which they put at the edges of the garden, neglected.
Unfortunately the apartment has a lot of windows facing the common corridor. So the logical step was to carry some of these unwanted aloe veras and put them outside our windows. We had three pots of them and over time, one of them grew many babies out because there is more sunlight (same corridor but due to the angle of the building, the two that are at the other side of the door don't get direct sunlight at all). So I had more and more aloe veras.

Mr Bear pointed out that my aloe vera "mother" probably get a lot of water from me that's why it is able to proprogate so many babies. He advised that if I want to stop this (it has sprouted 6 babies already), I'd better water it lesser.

Anyway today I was moaning over my sweet potato cuttings, because it has been raining HEAVILY everyday for the last five days. So there hasn't been any sunlight at all, until the strawberry plant has mold in its mulch (despite me watering it only 1 time in 3 days). Then I happened to look sideways, and was stunned!
The "mother" has two weird green knobs growing out. My god, it looks like 2 balls on a stick. What a lovely present for Chinese New Year! :D

According to the internet, the aloe vera flowers look like this:
[source: nicholasalvarado.wordpress.com]
Given the shape of mine, I don't think they will look like that. Stay in tuned and see the development!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!